The Reales Alcázares de Seville started out as a Moorish fort, but currently is the oldest royal palace still in use in Europe today.


Originally built by the Almohades, each monarchy following has added to it in their own style of architecture or a copy of antiqued architecture, making it an interesting and unique establishment.

The Alcázar has eight main parts and is surrounded by a garden.

The Garden.











Not sure what room this was.  It was newer and had large artwork.


Los Baños de Doña María de Padrilla.

What a beautiful room to miss out on!  This part was in contruction during our time there.  Here's my fave image thanks to google images.

credit to google images.
Patio de la Monteria.




 
close up of the door.



Patio de las Muñecas.




 Patio de las Doncellas.
















Puerta del León.

I wasnt able to get a photo of the actual león for which this part is named...



Dormitorio de los Reyes Moros.


Salón de Embajadores.



There is also La Casa de Contratación, but I couldn't figure out what this was to see if I had photos!  Anyway, I posted my favorites, I hope that you liked them!





0 comments:

Post a Comment